Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scabies, Scurvy and other Piratical Ailments.

Did I say scabies? I meant scurvy. That whole thing about Krauts and Limeys was a piece of pointless trivia about scurvy. The only piece of pointless trivia I know about scabies is that it was common amongst pirates in the 18 Century (as were a variety of other mites, lice and similar communicable critters). But that's not really that special - they were common amongst a lot of sailors of the period, pirate or otherwise.

So, yeah, my apologies to the class of Pharmacy students to whom I told a piece of trivial information that was not only useless, but also incorrect.

No comments:

Newest post

Permitted and admitted

 With the rise of casual use of Generative AI software over the past year and a bit (has it really only been that long?), we've also see...

Popular posts