Monday, December 8, 2008

Operation: Finish What You Started

I'm the kind of person who reads about four or five books at the same time. Yes, I know that can sound impressive (if you're the kind of person who can only commit to one book at a time), but all it really means is a) I have a poor attention span, and b) it takes me longer to finish a book.

It also means that, inevitably, I end up getting side-tracked by some of the books I'm reading and I forget to finish others. I noticed the other day that I have far too many books I started reading, then let fall by the way side.

So I've started a project. Insofar as possible, I'm not going to pick up any new books for a while. Instead, I'm going to focus my efforts on finishing the books I'm partway through. To help myself keep on track, I'll try to remember to write a review of them here. You never know, I just might stick with it.

I'm just wondering if this will extend to Robinson Crusoe. I've tried to read that book about three or four times. Never got past the first four chapters.

No comments:

Newest post

Permitted and admitted

 With the rise of casual use of Generative AI software over the past year and a bit (has it really only been that long?), we've also see...

Popular posts