Saturday, May 31, 2014

An idea for a thesis?

Probably not my thesis.  I'm probably going to fritter away my time doing one Masters or GradDip or GradCert after another.

And when I do do a PhD, it's probably going to be on materials design (at least, that's the plan).

But I had this idea while reading something in preparation for the text I'm going to take today (currently procrastinating), and thought it was worth writing down somewhere.  Maybe someone could get some use out of it:

Learner Identities in 2LLs in Rural and Remote Areas.  Using memoirs, diaries, and interviews, ask learners who are far away from metropolitan areas why they are learning a language (and why they have chosen to learn it the way they're learning it) and how they see their language learning process/progress.

Finding the learners may be a challenge, but it would certainly be interesting.

No comments:

Newest post

Permitted and admitted

 With the rise of casual use of Generative AI software over the past year and a bit (has it really only been that long?), we've also see...

Popular posts