Monday, September 24, 2012

Too Many Acronyms Spoil the Broth

Today I was sent an email that started with the following sentence:

"Last Thursday, CAUL approved the CAIRSS Future proposal developed by the CAIRSS Advisory Committee (CAIRSSAC). "

Now, I barely know what CAUL stands for, I have no idea what CAIRSS stands for, and I noticed they very rarely used CAIRSSAC anyway (but they did eventually throw in a COSIAC).  The same email also referred to an ARC and a COP without any description of what these might mean.

I think I was sent this email because I'm part of something for which all of these acronyms must surely serve a meaningful purpose... but I have to admit that I took one look at the wealth of things I did not understand and thought "this email is not for me".

No comments:

Newest post

Permitted and admitted

 With the rise of casual use of Generative AI software over the past year and a bit (has it really only been that long?), we've also see...

Popular posts