Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Don't Panic!

Hmm...

I'm having some trouble tracking down an Australian television advertisement from the 1980s. I always thought you could find almost anything on line, but this is eluding me at present.

It was an ad put together by one of the cancer councils (I think) and probably belonged in the same stable as Sid the Seagull's "Slip Slop Slap" campaign (I think) and would have aired about the mid-late 1980s (I think) and involved a cartoon mole (as in the animal) telling us to keep an eye on the moles on our skin (as in, a melanocytic nevus).

From what I can recall from childhood, it went something like this:

Mole sticks his head up through the sand at the beach: "Don't panic! I'm not the sort of mole you have to worry about. But the moles on your skin? Some of them can make you sick. Real sick. So, if you catch a mole changing shape, changing colour or growing bigger - get it looked at, quick as you can. Oh, and try a little less sun".

Having difficulty finding any evidence that this campaign actually existed, though.

Hmm...

No comments:

Newest post

Permitted and admitted

 With the rise of casual use of Generative AI software over the past year and a bit (has it really only been that long?), we've also see...

Popular posts